How to make homemade snow? | sensory activities
Making snow at home is a very fun activity, its soft and cold texture will give your child very pleasant sensory experiences that allow him to mold different shapes while having fun.
Help children to...
Strengthen the emotional bond between the adult caregiver and the baby.
Encourage free exploration .
Allow the integration of different sensations (in this case a sensation that also has a cold temperature).
Encourage creativity .
Improve your ability to concentrate.
Strengthen fine motor skills.
How to prepare it?
2 cups of cornstarch
2 cups of shaving foam
4 tablespoons of liquid soap
1 mixing bowl
Step by Step
1. We introduce the 2 cups of corn starch in the container.
2. We put 2 cups of shaving foam.
3. Stir initially with a spoon and later with your hands
4. We put the 4 tablespoons of soap and mix a little more until we have the texture of snow.
5. We refrigerate to give it the cold temperature for at least 2 hours.
Once you use the Homemade Snow you can store it in the fridge so that it is preserved and you can use it many more times.
How to play with her?
From 9 months
- We can play at putting a little homemade snow on the different parts of your baby's body such as the hands and feet so that he discovers these textures on his body.
- Allow the baby to touch the texture of the snow with his hands.
From 12 months
- We played at making snow balls or arepitas.
- We can use any mold that we have and we press on it to shape it with the snow.
From 24 months
- We have fun making snowmen made up of little balls, we can decorate with some branches or unstructured elements that we have on hand.