What will we eat today? Preparing recipes with eggs
Recommended age: 6 to 24 months
1. We carry out this activity with our child prior to feeding, if we are going to include any egg preparation.
2. We are going to use our Lilac Hen to put on a puppet show using the Toolbox as a puppeteer.
3. The Lilac Hen will be in charge of greeting our child and playing riddles about the food they think they will eat today, for example: "Hello Sara, today is the day to eat my favorite food, A?" Can't you guess what it is? Yes, the egg, every day many chickens like me lay delicious eggs so you can eat them at home!" How do you think we will eat it today?
4. Depending on the preparation we are going to consume, we use the Lilac Hen to motivate our child to consume it, using positive phrases such as: I love the egg sandwich!, The baskets of Egg and vegetables are the most delicious!
5. We say goodbye to the Lila Hen and move on to food and nutrition, that is, eating, preferably as a family.
Recommended age: 2 to 3 years
We invite our son/daughter to cook together by assigning activities according to his/her development such as:
Wash fruits vegetables
Transfer ingredients from one container to another
We take advantage of this moment to count the ingredients, feel different textures, play to identify flavors and classify the ingredients by size.