List of necessary things for the baby
List of basic and important items for the baby
- Pajama sets (hopefully with feet), easy to open at the crotch for diaper changes.
- Comfortable clothing: Wearing bodysuits with stretchy cotton pants on top of the bodysuit is a good option.
- T-shirts or bodysuits.
- Socks or booties.
- Blanket or blanket to wrap the baby.
- Light blankets.
- Bath towel preferably with a hood.
- Hat to keep your head warm for birth.
- Rags to clean the baby.
- Protector for changing baby's diapers.
- Sleeping bag: it is very useful, since it is like a blanket and keeps the baby warm. No matter how you move, the baby will always be swaddled.
- Diaper bag or backpack to carry the baby's things.
- Disposable or cloth diapers.
- Wrap or carrier: it is not mandatory but it is very useful as it allows the mother to carry the baby while keeping her hands free. In many cases it replaces the use of cars.
Recommendations for choosing clothes:
- It should be comfortable clothing that is not too tight and that allows the baby to move freely.
- Clothing appropriate to the temperature of the city you live in, appropriate clothing to maintain your body temperature. We must avoid overdressing.
- Newborn baby clothes outgrow very quickly, therefore, it is recommended to buy only what you need (a few newborn clothes).
- Clothing that allows the crotch to be opened to be able to easily change the diaper.
- Avoid clothes with drawstrings or ties, they can be a risk to the baby's safety.
- The baby does not need shoes until he or she begins to walk. In the first year we recommend the use of socks.
- Cloth or disposable diapers.
- Comb or soft brush to comb the baby's hair.
- Digital thermometer.
- Damp cloths or cotton.
- Anti-diaper cream.
- Alcohol: for cleaning the umbilical cord in the baby's first days.
- Nail clippers, baby files, or round-tip nail scissors.
- Baby soap or shampoo.
- Silicone thimble, gauze that does not produce specks, or wipe for cleaning gums and tongue.
Furniture and accessories:
- Crib or bassinet.
- Bathtub: with a base, mobile or a large container or tub for bathing.
- Diaper changing mat or plastic protector.
- Easy chair, chair or a comfortable place to feed the baby.
- Dining chairs: there are mobile chairs, easy to transport that fit any dining room chair. This accessory must have the possibility of securing the baby to prevent a fall.
- Pillows to lift the baby and keep it in the proper position during breastfeeding.
- Car: the car can be an aid to transport the baby, however, there are also slings to carry it.
- Car seat: if you have a vehicle, it is mandatory to transport the baby in safety seats.