Benefits of breastfeeding
The benefits of breastfeeding
Breastfeeding is not just giving food to our baby. It is also a moment of immense love, in which we are building and establishing our emotional and physical bond with him.
It is a moment to transmit all the peace and security that he needs, by feeling close, by listening to the beats of our hearts and our voices.
Breast milk is the only food that the baby needs during the first six months of life, as it contains all the nutrients necessary for its development. No food, nor formula milk, contains all the nutrients that breast milk provides.
Other advantages for the baby:
- It provides you with all the protection against infections and diseases such as: diabetes, asthma, ear infections, respiratory infections, diarrhea, allergies, viral and bacterial diseases, obesity, even some types of cancer such as leukemia and lymphomas.
- It helps in the development of the bones and muscles of the face and mouth and in the formation of an adequate dental arch.
- It promotes neurological and cognitive development and language development.
Other advantages for mom:
- It helps the uterus return to its natural size and reduces bleeding after childbirth.
- Reduces the risk of breast cancer, ovarian cancer and osteoporosis.
- The body produces oxytocin “the love hormone”, giving you the feeling of well-being and the feelings of caring, protecting, loving and responding to your baby's needs.
- It helps you regain your weight, since daily the body invests 500 additional calories than normal expenditure.
- It is much more comfortable and practical, since you do not have to carry additional luggage to feed it, nor invest work, time and energy in its preparation.
- Help with the home economy